BSF Update: Page 261 - Something big has arrived.
BSF Update: Page 260 - Something emerges from the earth, in the midst of the Earth Miasma. Hm.
Looks like my web hosting is experiencing issues right now, so I can’t upload today’s BSF page. I’ll try to upload it later this afternoon. Sorry about the wait!
BSF Update - Page 259: All right, well, good luck with that, Seb.
BSF Update: Page 258 - Seb’s not happy. Slime King’s not helping.
- Seb and the Slime King, as character designs, are actually ALMOST a decade old. I first designed them in 2004.
- In the early BSF comics (no title, just using Seb and SK), the Slime King was actually a bad guy.
- BSF wasn’t really “A Thing” in its current form till 2005, when I started working on a game based on the characters.
- At this point, Seb, Lina, and The Slime King were designed, but Seb and Lina were still called Knight and Witch.
- There was a third hero called Ranger, he was actually the prince of the kingdom. Sounds familiar, right?
- Lina’s character design is based on one used for a character named Alissa from my first webcomic, Awkward Stage. Before she had an “official” name, if I wasn’t calling her Witch, I was calling her Alissa.
- Awkward Stage will never see the light of day again, so don’t ask.
- Ceris’s design is based on a character from an old comic of mine called The Diggers, also named Ceris.
- King Timothy’s design is also based on a design from The Diggers, ALSO named Timothy, but aged quite a bit. He’s closer to the original design in Xyrus’s flashback. Ceris and Timothy weren’t related in The Diggers.
- I came up with the title ‘Blasphemous Saga Fantasy’ in 1997 when I was making a stupid parody game. The title has plot significance now, though.
- The aforementioned game has no relation to BSF in its current form. However, at the time (7th grade), there was a kid in my homeroom class who I didn’t like named Greg, so I named the villain Gerg. 11 years later, in 2008, I remembered this while coming up with a name for Xyrus’s old archrival. Thus: Grrg.
- Grrg originally had 3 golem generals, based on the Behemoth, the Ziz, and the Leviathan. They were all female, as a kind of reference to Panther Claw’s top agents from Cutie Honey. I’m pretty glad this idea didn’t get off the ground.
- Seb’s name comes from the Strong Bad email ‘mile’. In it, Cheat-animated Strong Bad gets an email from Seb from The Lodge, MN.
- It wasn’t until 2011 that I realized that Seb is short for Sebastian. So, Seb’s name is officially Sebastian, but he has no idea that’s what his name is short for.
Some of those might be repeats. Sorry! Anyway, page tomorrow.
BSF Update: Page 257 - No loot for smartymouths.
BSF Update: Page 256 - Ceris isn’t having it.
BSF Update: Page 255 - Ask Seb a question, get a Seb answer.
BSF Update: Page 254 - Ceris gets right to the point and hits the issue right on the nose.